Skip to main content
Information Literacy Skills
Locate Informationcate Information
Evaluate Informationaluate Information
Use Information EffectivelyUse Information Effectively
Information Literacy Defined
"To be information literate, a person must be able to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information." --American Library Association
IFL 101 is a central component of the core curriculum at York College of PA.
IFL 101 Credit By Exam
Students needing to complete the IFL 101 requirement for graduation may earn credit by successfully completing a Credit By Examination, which tests mastery of the course’s learning outcomes. Typically, it takes three-four hours to complete.
- The cost is $130.00.
- Your grade must be at least 70% (2.0) to receive credit for the core course.
- You get the grade from the test as your grade in the course. It is not pass/fail.
- Applications are available in L12, lower level, Schmidt Library. The approval process takes approximately two weeks.
- The application must first be signed by the Information Literacy Coordinator.
- The $130.00 fee must then be paid to the Business Office.
- The final step is approval from Academic Advising.
- Once this process is complete, the IFL faculty member proctoring the exam will call to schedule the exam. For more information please call Joel Burkholder at 815-1726 or email@example.com
Information Literacy Links
York College of Pennsylvania, 441 Country Club Road York, PA 17403-3651 (717) 846-7788 Copyright © 2014